How are London’s EU citizens preparing for Brexit? You are invited to join the London Assembly to hear EU Londoners speak
A year on from the Brexit vote, the EU Exit Working Group will hear, first hand, from a panel of speakers, and invited guests made up of EU Londoners, and the organisations that support them, about EU citizens’ concerns since Brexit, and the practical support they now need.
The meeting will discuss:
* If the situation has changed for EU citizens in London since the referendum
* If information is easy to access
Which organisations are most useful/helpful
- What kind of practical support is now needed
- Carolyn Downs, Chief Executive, Brent Council
- Christiane Link, Chair, Disire
- Dr Charlotte O’Brien, Senior Lecturer, York Law School
- Samia Badani, Head of Campaigns and Stakeholder Engagement, New Europeans
- Sunder Katwala, Director, British Future
. . . .
Follow @LondonAssembly and tweet about the event using #EuropeanVoices
If you are interested in participating in this meeting, there are two ways to be involved:
Everyone is welcome to observe the meeting from the public gallery. Please note that the audience will only be able to listen, rather than contribute, to the meeting. To register click here.
We want to hear from you! At the end of the meeting, audience members can feed in their own experiences and thoughts by completing a comments card.
Getting to City Hall
City Hall is a 10 minute walk from London Bridge Tube Station or a 15 minute walk from Tower Hill. More information can be found at: https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/our-building-and-squares/how-find-city-hall
If you can’t make it to City Hall, you will be able to watch the live webcast of the meeting here on the day.
We hope you will be able to contribute in one of these ways.