Job Advert - European Londoners Project Officer (part time 17.5 hrs)
Salary £25,440 pa pro rata
Contract 12 months
Closing date: 13/1/2020
Interviews: w/b 20th January 2020
New Europeans is seeking a Project Officer for its European Londoners project.
The post holder will be working on a project, funded by Trust for London to develop the capacity of voluntary organisations to help and support vulnerable or disadvantaged European Londoners across the various communities living in London, to become active citizens. The successful candidate will:
- Maintain contact with specific EU migrant community organisations to help develop their understanding of the role of civil society and to see that their voice can be heard in terms of service needs; to combat discrimination; to improve their participation in civil society; and to develop their local leadership potential.
- Support individuals working in EU migrant communities to take an active role in the governance of local community projects and services – to help them skill up and become involved in service delivery at local levels.
- Support agencies to develop their response for their beneficiaries to the EU Settlement Scheme, including, as appropriate, advising on applications.
- Take responsibility for income and expenditure on the project and in conjunction with the Programmes Advisor, report to the funder as required.
- S/he will also work collaboratively on a range of activities working closely with colleagues and project partners.
The post is based at New Europeans’ small office in Whitechapel, London. We welcome applications from those with disabilities and from Black and ethnic minority backgrounds.
For further information please contacts us at email@example.com
Application will be by short CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th January 2020.
About the organisation:
New Europeans is a civil society initiative promoting the value and values of European Citizenship, including promoting awareness of the rights of European citizens, to live, work and study in a member states across the European Union. It seeks to promote inclusion and participation by EU citizens living outside their own member states in the communities where they live, through volunteering and other forms of active citizenship.